Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

{Christmas In July Party}


It's an established fact that I am a complete and total Christmas fiend.

I know I'm not alone in this. I mean, it's the most wonderful time of year. (You've got that song in your head now, don't you? You're welcome). I know it's high stress, and high expense, but I love to pick out gifts that I think will be perfect for each person. I like to take the time and really think about what they'd like. I love Christmas movies, Christmas music, Christmas specials on TV. I love decorating, and baking, and driving around looking at lights.

I have an addiction and it's Christmas.

In my post holiday blues, that hit every January, I decided once a year was not enough to celebrate. I would, in fact, host a Christmas in July Party.

And so.. I did.

I invited fellow Christmas lovers over and we had a holly, jolly time.

People arrived in sparkly shirts, Christmas tees, wearing jingle bells, and Santa hats!

I put up a 3 foot, prelit tree. Easy peasy.




 I put on Christmas music and lit a Christmas candle. The candle, especially, added to the mood.

Then I made Christmas favorites!


 Buckeyes! (recipe)


Ranch Cheeseball (recipe)


A Crockpot of Cocoa, of course


Chocolate Dipped Mallows to stir your cocoa


Since there were no candy canes to be found, I used starlight mints instead


We decorated Christmas cookies, of course (made from this recipe).


On the drink cups, I wrote the names of the reindeer. Whoever you 'drew' you were for the night. (I used the same idea at my Disney party). My oldest niece drew Rudolph. She was super excited, until....


She was supposed to wear it all night. She failed.


We played Christmas Song Pictionary


 and Christmas Charades

We played "Dirty Santa". This is just the gift exchange where you steal presents from each other. Everyone brought a $5 gift.

We ended the night with a few rounds of our very favorite party game which we call "Visual Telephone". See game instructions here (at the bottom of the post). The game had to be Christmas themed.

It's been nearly 100 degrees here for the entire week, so taking a break and imaging we were in December was a lot of fun.

After everyone had left Bean gave me the best compliment. He said, "I had a great time at the party. I actually forgot it was July for a little while!".

He's kinda awesome. I guess I'll keep him.

Merry Christmas in July!

Tina

P.S. If you haven’t already,  you can ‘like’ my Facebook page here, and follow me on twitter here, and you can follow me on instagram here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...